October 7, 2013

It is October already....

It is a sad day in my home today. A normally cheery family would traditionally be expecting Halloween. A costume for a certain little girl, a tradition of carving a minimum of 4-5 pumpkins... but this year the flood in June wiped out the basement of the home we usually decorate, participate, or partake in. All the decorations were destroyed (Including Christmas if we are really getting down to it). Unfortunately there has been a change in our family dynamic that none of us are happy about, and will change a brief but happy tradition again. In hopes of delaying the inevitable, I have been avoiding Halloween. I have started on the charming little outfit for the certain little girl. She is still a bit too young to get the attraction, especially since her dad repossesses the candy anyway....

I think I will focus on the Christmas WIPs that I have in my rotation, and move forward. When one door closes another opens.... in the meantime, here was a picture of last year's door. We will see what this year brings.... In the meantime, I am going to focus on the happy fact that I don't have to cook Thanksgiving this year, and can spend this next long weekend stitching to my heart's content.

2 comments:

In My Prime Time said...

You have a lovely blog - I wish I took more time for cross stitching!
I am nominating your blog for the Leibster Award. I have it on my new blog: http://inmyprimetime.blogspot.com/
Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Thank you for your high praise! I appreciate your king words.