August 9, 2013

Embroidery... the other white meat... #toomanywips


My family and I went on road trip vacation to a lovely coastal spot, hit the Aquarium, and among other things, rode a teeny little passenger ferry. Found some great markets with some great artists, I will further explore on a later post, and spent a lot of time embroidering in the car. 

These pants magically came out of the washing with bleach stains on them. No one will cop to washing with the bleach, so instead of crying over split milk and a loss of pants, I choose a couple of iron on transfers from Sublime Stitching purchase those here, and I went after it. I have been doing a combination of long and short stitch, stem stitch and satin stitch to get this effect. What has happened though? The pants are starting to look unbalanced so I ended up putting together kind of a tattoo concept. Hopefully they will be my "arty" pants and I can get some good weekend use out of them.

No comments: